6 Tips To Make Your Wardrobe Ready For The Social Season
It’s finally the social season and you were invited to the party you've been wanting to go to all season long. You're excited to step out in your best outfit and strut your strut proudly. But then reality hits, and you realize that you have nothing to wear. You want to look your best, but you don't want to spend hours getting ready or break the bank on a new outfit.
What's a girl to do?
Don't worry, we've all been there, so we're here to help. Here are our top six tips on how to make your wardrobe ready for the social season.
6 Tips on How To Pick a Party Dress
Knowing these six tips will help you find the perfect party dress for the social season, no matter the occasion.
What's The Dress Code?
What type of party are you going to? Is it a casual backyard barbecue or a formal black-tie charity gala? The dress code will help dictate what kind of dress you should wear. If it's a more formal party, then you'll want to go with a longer dress or something with a little more structure. If it's a casual party, then you can go with an eye-catching rayon black playsuit or even a fun leopard print party jumpsuit.
Having the dress code in mind will help you narrow down your choices and make picking out your party dress a breeze.
Wearing the Suitable Neckline
No woman is the same, and neither is her body. So, it's important to find a neckline that flatters your specific body type. You should also factor in the dress code of your event so you are appropriately dressed.
With that said, here are some general tips:
- If you're going for a more casual look, then you can get away with a lower neckline such as a V-neck. For example, our leopard print party outfits feature a neckline that will complement your collarbone area while flaunting your assets.
- If you're going for a sexier look, then you can go with a plunging neckline. Just make sure that you wear a nude bra or have some fashion tape on hand to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions.
- If you want something more elegant and timeless, then opt for a boatneck or high-neck dress. These styles will help elongate your neck and make you look more regal.
Regardless of your choice of neckline, make sure that you're comfortable and confident in what you're wearing.
Focusing on the Best Features
We all have different body types and features that we love and growing-to-love. It's important to find a dress that accentuates your best features and makes you feel like the queen that you are.
Not sure where to start? Here are some general tips:
- If you want to showcase an hourglass shape, then go for a fitted dress that cinches at the waist.
- If you want to show off your legs, then go for something shorter such as a rayon black playsuit Just make sure that it's long enough so you're not showing too much skin.
Remember, your body is beautiful and you have the power to dress it in a way that makes you feel poised and fabulous.
Flattering Your Waistline
Your waistline is one of the most important parts of your body, so you want to make sure that it's looking its best.
If you want a defined waist, then go for a dress with ruffles or pleats. You can also opt for a dress that cinches at the waist such as our women's jersey playsuit or has a belt. Likewise, our Viscose black shorts are the perfect option as it features a unique tassel belt and front pleats. This will help give you shape and make your waist look smaller.
Regardless of your body type, your body is a work of art and you deserve to show it off any way you want. Shop around and find one that speaks to you.
Knowledge of Fabrics
Did you know that the type of fabric you choose can make a big difference in how your dress looks? It's important to choose a fabric that is flattering and comfortable. Here are some general tips:
- If you want a fitted suit, then go for a stretchy fabric such as our black leopard playsuit. This will help hug your curves and give you a dramatic look.
- If you want a structured dress, then go for a heavier fabric such as denim or linen. This will help give you support and structure.
- If you want a flowy dress, then go for a floaty fabric such as our gingham dress as you can dress your gingham dress in any weather.
Remember, the right fabric can make all the difference in how your dress looks and feels.
Comfort Is Always Key
Last but definitely not least, your comfort is a priority. You want to be able to dance the night away without having to worry about your dress. Whatever style you choose, make sure that you're able to move freely and that you feel comfortable.
There's nothing worse than being at a party and feeling like you can't enjoy yourself because your dress is too tight or uncomfortable. So make sure to keep comfort in mind when choosing your party outfit.
Make The Most of Your Summer With Trending Outfits
Now's the time to let your fashion sense shine. Since you now know the best tips and tricks on how to pick the perfect party outfit for the social season, it's time to put your knowledge to the test.
Go, experiment and find an outfit that is sure to turn heads. And don't forget to have fun and enjoy your social season with outfits that make you feel your best self.